There are many fully-fledged training programs available in the United States Virgin Islands. Structured courses may provide your best opportunity for success.
We offer this information as a public service and do not claim any affiliations with or endorsements from the agencies or organizations noted on this site.
- American Job Center/VIDOL – Virgin Islands Department of Labor (VIDOL) Training & Development page lists services and providers of training to help with placement, entrepreneurship or career advancement. On the “Providers & Trainings Offered” tab, you will find a variety of local companies and organizations offer training in medical administration, health care, office technology, information technology, construction, solar energy, fiber optics, metal works, and other career and professional training.
- CELL/UVI – Community Engagement & Lifelong Learning at University of the Virgin Islands (UVI) – Formal in-class and online training in a wide array of courses for adult learners, including nationally recognized certifications. UVI CELL caters to adult learners, business professionals and entrepreneurs, instructors, and testers. UVI CELL services are free to active military personnel and veterans through the VI Office of Veteran Affairs; details on the UVI CELL website.
- Cooperative Extension Service at the University of the Virgin Islands (UVI) – Provides hands-on computer and device training for newcomers to technology or those who wish to hone their current skills. Productivity suites, computing basics, social media, messaging services and more are covered. Schedules vary by subject.
- Cybersecurity Workshops and Training through CECOR (Consortium Enabling Cybersecurity Opportunities & Research at University of the Virgin Islands) – In support of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) program, the University of the Virgin Islands works with CECOR to identify student and adult learners for cybersecurity training and workshops. Scholarships may be available for motivated youth; summer workshops and training for undergrads and instructors available.
- GED Testing Service® via VI Dept. of Education – Providing instruction to prepare for the GED (General Equivalency Diploma) in the following areas: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
- Rafael O. Wheatley Skills Center – A division of the VI Dept. of Education offers training in a variety of areas including Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA), Cosmetology, Medical Administrative Assistant/Billing and Coding, Phlebotomy, Hair Braiding; Nail Technician, Carpentry, Culinary Arts, Computer Applications, and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC). Schedules vary by subject; located on St. Thomas. Contact the center for the latest listing at (340) 774-6277.
- University of the Virgin Islands Small Business Development Center (UVI SBDC) – Live workshops and seminars or online courses are available depending on the needs and schedule of the student. Topics include getting a business started and skill or industry-specific subjects. Offered a low or no cost to students and live sessions may require a preparatory online class in order to be best prepared to tackle the subject matter. (+ more training available via the U.S. Small Business Administration Learning Center)