If you are a trainer, download and review the PDF Guide to this course. If your student has never used a computer, or you notice a need for correct mouse usage, please start with The Library Network (TLN) New User Tutorial. This is a series of practice drills to familiarize students with the proper use of mouse and keyboard.
- View in English
- View in Spanish
- Visit TLN for downloadable versions of the TLN New User Tutorial course
Students may need to take the TLN New User Tutorial 2-3 times before they are comfortable with getting through this online training. Take your time!
- The top Navigation Menus contain links to all pages on this site. Or, use the Sessions List at the bottom of each page. There are 6 main sections.
TAKING THE COURSE
- For anyone who has never used a computer or is not able to use the mouse and keyboard effectively, please assist with visiting The Library Network (TLN) New User Tutorial
- For all capable users, get started by visiting the sessions in the top menu one by one, in numerical order.
- To return to the first page, click the viNGN logo, or the words ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS COMPUTER LAB at the top of any page.
- You may click the instructional images to view larger in a separate tab. Then, close the tab to view the session page again and continue.
- If you do this training inside a Public Computer Center (PCC) you will need to wear earbuds or a head set in order to listen to the video content
- We recommend that you keep a pen or pencil and notepad handy to jot down items you’d like to ask about or remember for later.
- Once you have completed the training, we recommend that you visit the listing of complete coursework at the end, choose what appeals to you, and continue learning .
- Be willing to make mistakes, ask questions, and research – it’s all a part of learning anything that is important to you.
- Concept Keys and Mind Alerts will appear at the top and bottom of some sections to emphasize important points.
Congratulations on making the choice to increase your own digital literacy!
Please contact viNGN if you have any questions about this training or need assistance in getting around – call Anita Davis at viNGN (340) 715-8581 x 2244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org